Super Bowl Sundaes
Super Bowl XLVII is almost here! Whether you’re rooting for the 49ers or the Ravens, why not celebrate this Sunday with a sundae? Most of the prep work can be done a day ahead of time, so you won’t miss a minute of the action. Click through the slideshow for step-by-step photo instructions on how to make these sweet themed ice cream cups, or check out the recipe below. Are you ready for some football? We are!—Sharon Beesley
Super Bowl Sundaes Recipe
Inspired and adapted from In Katrina’s Kitchen
Refrigerated/Frozen Premade Cookie Dough
There’s no single right way to make these sundaes. You can buy waffle bowls, make your own cookie bowls, or save a few calories by using a bowl from your cupboard. I've included instructions for how to make cookie bowls here. If you're going another route, skip step 1. Go, team, go!
1. Preheat oven to 325 degress. Spray large muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray. Place cookie dough in the muffin tins, and hollow out the center to form a bowl. Cooking times will vary depending on how thick you make the bowls. Bake until edges are golden. Let cool.
2. Spread a layer of decorating icing around the sides of the bowl.
3. Cover the icing entirely with the nonareils. The icing will work as glue to keep them stuck on the sides of the bowl.
4. Draw black lines with the candy writer to divide the stadium seats.
5. Draw a football field on the sugar sheets using the edible markers. Cut out with scissors.
6. Place a small scoop of ice cream in the bowl. Pat it down with a spoon to create a flat surface.
7. Top with whip cream and football field sugar sheet.
8. Optional: Redraw the stadium lines if they got lost under the whipped cream or ice cream. Feel free to add more sprinkles too!
9. Serve immediately or freeze over night.
Are you going to make these Super Bowl Sundaes? We want to see how they turn out! Post pictures of your results to Instagram and tag @ElizabethStmom!