Gisele Bündchen's Stylist Gives Us Quick Hair Tips for Fuss-Free Moms
Legendary hair stylist Serge Normant may be the mane man for A-listers like Julia Roberts, Julianne Moore, Gisele Bündchen, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Reese Witherspoon, but he's also the go-to tress guru for real life mothers who want a quick fix without all the fuss. Here, Normant offers up five hair tips that you can practically do in your sleep.
1. Hair Bands: A quick and easy trick to clean up disheveled hair and create a polished look are hair accessories, especially hair bands. The great thing about hair bands is that they work on all hair lengths (there is something very cool about a hair band on short hair), and there are so many color options and styles to choose from. They can transition from a fun day look to a chic nighttime look.
2. Dry Shampoo: If you don’t have time to wash your hair, dry shampoo is the ultimate hair refresher and volumizer. When you are running out the door, I recommend working dry shampoo through your hair, throwing on a hair band, and putting your hair up in a messy bun. The messier the better! It creates a hip look that'll last all day.
3. Tail Comb & Mason Pearson Brush: Every mom should have these two hair tools. A tail comb is great for teasing hair and helping to balance volume. A Mason Pearson brush is the perfect brush to create a simple ponytail. Remember, the mix of hair textures is always interesting and doesn’t require too much work.
4. Hair Oil: When your hair is looking dry, dull, or frizzy, a little hair oil adds instant shine, gloss, and sleekness. Many hair oils come as sprays that you can throw in your purse and have on-hand for emergencies. Remember to apply the hair oil sparingly so it doesn't overload and weigh-down your hair.
5. Easy Nighttime Look: When you're rushing to a dinner or a cocktail party, I always suggest this super easy nighttime look: Prep your hair in the a.m. to prepare it for a quick day-to-night look. Once again, wrapping a ponytail into a bun is the easiest, but when your hair is down, teasing the crown at the end of the day will give your hair that nighttime look you're trying to achieve. Hair accessories are always a good add-on to throw in as well.
By Serge Normant
For more easy tips, check out our slideshow above for end of summer beauty oils.
Love Elizabeth Street? Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram @ElizabethStMom.