Five-Minute Workout for Busy Moms: Sculpt Sexy ArmsMar 07, 2013
Five-Minute Workout for Busy Moms: Sculpt Sexy Arms
Who has time to log long hours at the gym? (Not us.) But the notion of easy and quick five-minute workouts seems totally doable.
Over the next few weeks, Elizabeth Street is bringing busy moms a series of easy, five-minute workouts from mom-of-three Heidi Powell, a life coach and personal trainer who works behind the scenes of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition (her husband Chris Powell is an onscreen trainer). The best part? You can bust these moves at home and without equipment.
Last week, she gave us a five-minute total body workout. This week, she’s showing us another easy five-minute exercise you can do at home that sculpts your arms, shoulders, and back into sexy summer shape. Incorporate this easy workout into your usual routine, and you’ll see toned arms and perfect posture quicker then you can say, “Bikini season.”
Flip through our exclusive slideshow to get the moves.
Set the clock for 5 minutes, and do as many rounds as possible of:
10 Bench Dips
10 Commander Push-ups
10 Mountain Climbers
Record the number of rounds completed to set the bar for the next time you do this workout.
1. Hold a seated position, shifted a couple of inches off of a bench. Hands should be directly beneath shoulders with elbows extended and knees straight and locked.
2. Lower down, bending elbows to a 90-degree angle.
3. Press upward through palms until elbows are fully extended.
1. Begin lying facedown, hands underneath shoulders, with abs tight and body rigid.
2. Press upward, extending elbows while simultaneously driving right knee forward, touching it to your right elbow.
3. Lower body back to the ground, extending leg out and staying rigid from feet to shoulders.
4. Press upward again, extending elbows while simultaneously driving left knee forward, touching it to your left elbow.
1. Begin in a deep runner's stance with both hands on the ground, shoulder-width apart.
2. Keeping abs tight, jump and switch feet as fast as you can.
3. Land gently with the opposite foot forward.
4. As soon as your feet touch down, jump quickly and switch feet again.
5. Land gently with the original foot forward.
Note: This workout should not be done on consecutive days. Stay tuned for more workouts from Powell to build your weekly routine!