1. The Rockettes Join the Rockettes as they celebrate their 85th Year at Radio City Music Hall. The show has come a long way over the years, now featuring 3D movie effects. They haven't forgotten the classics, though. The toy soldier routine is still amazing. You won’t want to miss out on the fun! Performances run now until December 30th. Tickets range from $39 to $199. —Photo courtesy of: MSG Entertainment
2. Circus Oz Holiday Show This show is filled with surprises. We love the small theatre and affordable ticket price. Great seats no matter what you can afford! Performances run from November 30th to December 30th. Tickets range from $17 to $55. —Photo by Rob Blackburn
3. The Macaroons Kids and adults alike will enjoy listening to catchy pop-rock songs at this concert. This band is the prefect mix of humor, irresistible melodies, and rock. You've got to check them out! Three shows on December 25th :11:30am, 1:15pm & 3:00 pm. Tickets are $18 Adults; $13 Children.
4. Grinch - The Musical Kids will be singing along to some of the classic songs from the original cartoon and learn a few new ones along the way. You don’t have to be in NYC to enjoy this show, because it’s also touring in Indiana, Connecticut, Boston, Virginia, Illinois, and Michigan. NYC Performances run December 13th to December 30th. Tickets range from $40 to $149. —Photo by paparazzibyappointment.com
8. Barber of Seville This is a perfect kid-friendly introduction to the opera. It’s in English, it’s filled with humor, and the story line is easy to follow. Give it a try! Performances run from December 18th to January 5th. Tickets range from $30 to $175.
6. A Christmas Story - The Musical Imagine all the fun from the original movie stepped up with fun dance numbers and colorful sets and costumes. That's what you'll get during this performance. Bonus: Santa himself shows up! Performances run now through December 30th. Tickets range between $49.00 to $175.00.
7. Elf - The Musical Based off the hilarious movie, this musical is great for both kids and adults. Catchy songs will have your kids literally singing out of the theatre. My three kids (ages 5,5, and 7) adored this show! Performances run now through January 6th. Tickets range from $49 to $160. Click here to buy now.
8. Holiday Train Show Make it a tradition to travel to the New York Botanical Garden to experience the model trains chug by New York landmark replicas. Go early in the season to avoid the crowds and observe the details put into the show! Exhibit is open from November 17th until January 13th. Tickets are $25 adults; $22 students and seniors; $15 children.
9. School Time: Spirit of Kwanzaa Older kids will enjoy this dynamic performance celebrating Kwanzaa. They recommend only kids from 5th grade and up. Performance runs from December 19th to December 22nd. To order tickets, please call (973) 297-5828. —Photo courtesy of Ill Style and Peace Productions
10. Peter and the Wolf at the Guggenheim Enjoy an evening of story telling, beautiful music, and art at the Guggenheim as renowned fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi narrates the story of Peter and the Wolf. It’s a simple production that gives children the chance to use their imagination to visualize the story on their own. Performances begin Dec. 8-16th. Tickets are $35
11. Holiday Concert at the Guggenheim Enjoy listening to classic holiday songs in this unique venue. The acoustics are amazing! Make sure you go early to enjoy some milk and cookies. Doors open at 6:15pm, Performance begins at 6:30pm. Free to the public.
12. Nutcracker Everyone must see the NYC Ballet preform the Nutcracker at least once in their life. It’s a splurge, it’s long, but it's an experience you and your children will always cherish. Performances begin November 29th until December 30th. Tickets range from $55 to $250.
12 of The Best NYC Holiday Shows and Events
We've put together a list of the classic and lesser known events happening this holiday season in New York City. Discover your favorite ones and plan a trip to the big apple. You won't want to miss out! —Sharon Beesley