Easy At-Home Workout for Busy Moms: Blast Your BootyMar 21, 2013
Easy At-Home Workout for Busy Moms: Blast Your Booty
Who has time to log long hours at the gym? (Not us.) Between everything else that needed to get done ten minutes ago, sneaking in some exercise is not the easiest thing in the world for moms to do. But the notion of an easy at-home workout you can finish in five minutes—or less—seems totally doable. And manageable.
Over the next few weeks, Elizabeth Street is bringing busy moms a series of five-minute workouts from mom-of-three Heidi Powell, a life coach and personal trainer who works behind the scenes of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition (her husband Chris Powell is an onscreen trainer). The best part? You can bust these moves at home sans equipment.
Heidi’s already given us a great total body workout, as well as a sexy shoulder and arm sculptor. This week, she’s showing us how to blast our booties with this lower body workout. Shape your legs, feel the burn in your butt, and see results in just five-minutes!
Flip through our exclusive slideshow and get moving.
Heidi Powell’s Five-Minute Leg Shaper and Booty Blaster
Set the clock for 5 minutes, and do as many rounds as possible of:
15 Back Lunges
15 Marching Soldiers
15 Squat Jacks
Record your rounds to set the bar for the next time you complete this workout.
1. Begin in a standing position, hips and knees fully extended, arms relaxed.
2. Take an aggressive step backward with the right foot, gently “kissing” your back knee to the ground, and touching the ground with your right hand.
3. Keeping the front left knee over the toe and not beyond, drive through the left heel to a standing position.
4. Take an aggressive step backward with the left foot, gently “kissing” your back knee to the ground, and touching the ground with your left hand.
5. Keeping the front right knee over the toe and not beyond, drive through the right heel to a standing position.
1. Begin lying on the floor facing upward with knees bent, feet flat on the floor and hips high in the air.
2. Keeping your right knee bent, and drive your left heel into the ground raising your right leg toward your chest as high as you can.
3. Lower your right leg back to the ground, assuming the starting position.
4. Alternate legs quickly, driving your right heel into the ground and raising your left leg.
1. Begin in a squatting position, feet wide and touching the ground with your fingertips.
2. Be sure to keep your butt low, back flat, and eyes straight!
3. In one motion, jump upward, bringing feet together and clapping your hands overhead.
4. Jump feet back out to a wide stand and drop back into the squatting position, touching the ground with your fingertips.